Lifesigns Observes American Heart Month 2023
LIFESIGNS OBSERVES AMERICAN HEART MONTH 2023
(Memphis, TN) – American Heart Month comes each February, and is a good reminder for individuals, healthcare professionals and communities here in Memphis and across the U.S. to continue a healthy lifestyle and regular practices that promote overall heart health.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) note that:
Some of the main chronic illnesses and heart disease risk factors affecting adults in Memphis include hypertension, diabetes and obesity - issues that can be easily identified and treated by a healthcare professional. While it is estimated that more than 50% of adults have such health issues, most of these adults do not have a primary healthcare physician. Lifesigns, a provider of comprehensive physical exams, encourages annual physicals as part of an overall heart health plan.
Sandy Bradford, Lifesigns’ Director of Business Development, notes that, “An annual physical and a relationship with a primary care physician can help patients detect, understand and curtail any health issues before they become more serious or life threatening.”
Providing annual physicals and greater access to healthcare can result in:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States.
- One person dies every 36 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease.
- About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
In addition to its medical practice at 1727 Kirby Parkway, Lifesigns has a fleet of mobile medical clinics called HealthyHere that delivers preventive and primary care to employer worksites. For more information on Lifesigns and its offerings, visit www.lifesigns.com.
# # #
- Increased participation in regular preventative, primary care and follow-up visits
- Better prevention, early detection and management of chronic illness such as diabetes and hypertension
- Decrease in overall expenditure on pharmaceuticals
- Decreased number of catastrophic health events, and
- Enhanced health and wellness